News and Events
“My experience at VTR was life changing and I was able to see that I can achieve more than I thought was possible. I was able to play football and learn the importance of being a team player….and we won! I have one more year of HS left and I get to play football again, too. I want to go to college after I graduate! Thank you for helping me to prove that I CAN make good choices.”
H. Jeffery, 2014 Graduate
Valley Teen Ranch is an organization committed to helping children who have experienced social and emotional difficulties from abuse or delinquent behavior. Our commitment to helping children is demonstrated through our residential group home, foster family and adoption agency, as well as our transitional living home.
Minimum Requirements for employment with Valley Teen Ranch:
- Minimum 21 years of age or older
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
- Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit
- Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journey person who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; or
- Have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year
- Have relevant experience as determined by the department to meet any of the above
- Must undergo and pass a thorough background check
- No child abuse record or allegation
- Have and maintain a CA driver license and a safe DMV driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Have and maintain current evidence of insurance
Note: Other requirements, education and qualifications may apply according to the position. Please contact Human Resources if you need additional information.
Would you like to make a difference in the life of a child? If so, you may be interested in joining our team! We are always accepting applications.
Fill out the application and email it along with your resume in .DOC format to:
Or mail the application and your resume to:
2610 W. Shaw Ln., Ste. 105
Fresno, CA 93711-2775
Or you can fax it to:
Valley Teen Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.