Join the Team
A Career at VTR is MEANINGFUL, CHALLENGING, FULFILLING and REWARDING. Every day we are helping children, youth, young adults, and families build a foundation for life through our Foster Family Agency, Adoption Agency, Residential Therapeutic Program at the Ranch, and our Transitional Living Home.
Minimum Requirements for employment with VTR:
- Minimum 21 years of age or older
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
- Valid Child Development Teaching Permit
- Completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth
- Valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journey person who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; or
- Previously employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year
- Relevant experience as determined by the department to meet any of the above
- Pass a thorough background check
- No child abuse record or allegation
- Have and maintain a CA driver license and a safe DMV driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Have and maintain current evidence of insurance
Other requirements, education and qualifications may apply according to the position. Please contact Human Resources if you need additional information.
Apply for a Position or Internship with VTR
If you are interested in a job position or internship, please fill in the form below. You will include a cover letter with your resume, and upload to the VTR HR Director.
Equal Opportunity Employer
“VTR does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.”
Thank you for choosing VTR to volunteer your time and talent. You make a difference through volunteering! Please fill out your contact information below and check all the areas you can provide assistance in . Due to the specialized training needed, volunteers cannot work directly with our youth.
Thank you for helping VTR!
If no online form
If you are interested in being a VTR Volunteer, please fill out the PDF form available and email to Development@valleyteenranch.org.
VTR Presentations in the Community
VTR loves to present our services to the Community.
- Introduction and overview of VTR services.
- Life at the Ranch-STRTP
- VTR Transitional Living Home-What we believe homeless young adults need
- VTR Foster Family
- VTR Adoption
If your club, organization, group, or place of business would like us to come and present, fill out the attached form and email to Development@valleyteenranch.org.
If you prefer, you can mail your filled out VTR Community Presentation Form:
2610 W. Shaw Ln., Ste. 105
Fresno CA 93711
VTR is happy to consider hosting a booth at your event. Please contact Development@valleyteenranch.org with the registration information or invitation.